Wednesday, February 18, 2015

What I Wore- Neglected Top


Navy Cardigan, Brown Skirt, Ankle boots
Cardigan- JC Penney, Tank- Loft via Twice, Skirt- Thrifted: Ann Taylor, Belt- Clothes Mentor, Necklace- Clothes Mentor, Boots- Madden Girl

Audrey’s Style Challenge at Putting Me Together is to wear something you haven't worn in six months. I'm not sure if it's been quite that long but I've only worn this shirt once and it was time to try it again. I bought it online off Twice and paid almost nothing because I bought it with my signup credit. (You can get $10 off if you sign up through my link :)) It was slightly big when I got it, but I loved the print and it wasn't worth it to send it back. I only wore it one other time belted under a cardigan.
I've been debating taking it in but I have no idea how to finish seams on chiffon like material. I also debated taking it to the tailor because Mike found a fabulous tailor that has done wonders for his shirts. (Side note: finding affordable men's shirts that fit broad shoulder and a small waist is nearly impossible.) So before I make any decisions with this shirt I decided to give it another try by tucking it in, which is my go to move when a shirt is a bit wide. I still love the print and it came together really nicely. I feel like I the shirt looks slightly disheveled in this picture but I wasn't wasting another second standing outside in the cold.
This was actually when the temperature was about 30 degrees warmer than it is right now too. It can warm up a bit any time. I am over temperatures below 0 and we are getting a little bit stir crazy in our house. I would just be happy if the snow would melt and I could walk outside without my nostrils freezing. End winter weather rant.

LinkWithin