Tuesday, January 13, 2015

What I Wore- Pinspired Houndstooth


:IMG_8517
Blazer: Target, Shirt: Thrifted- J Crew, Jeans- Levis via JC Penney, Shoes- Steve Madden Girl, Scarf- Gift (Similar)
I saw this blazer, white button down, and houndstooth scarf on Pinterest and immediately pictured all these items in my own closet.
Outfit Posts
Left Picture Source: Tinaadamsconsulting.com
I think black riding boots would have also been cute but I wanted to pack my shoes in my bag since I wore my snow boots in to work. I wasn't quite sure how the scarf and would look with the button down but I like how it made the whole look a little more causal for casual Friday. This scarf was a Christmas present and it's actually a regular scarf but I turned it into a temporary infinity scarf by knotting the fringe and then hiding the knots in the back. 
I have been super bored with my closet lately and it's amazing how a few new things have made it exciting again. I'm still using a lot of the pieces I already had but now I have a few new pieces to add to the mix. I hit up some after Christmas sales and even though I love lots of color in my wardrobe I gravitated towards mostly all neutral pieces. I have been trying to buy more versatile pieces lately and realized I ended up with a bunch of gray, cream and tan. I have barely shopped for myself in months and I tried really hard to buy pieces that made sense for me and could be worn in multiple ways. I also replaced a couple of my cardigans that I haven't cared for the fit in a long time and I was well overdue for getting some better fitting pieces. 
I still love color despite all my neutral pieces and I've been trying to add color to my scarf collection. I made a new crochet scarf and I having been dreaming about plaid scarfs. The blanket trend is so popular right now but do you know how big a blanket scarf is? It's the size of a blanket, literally. I bought fabric for a DIY version but I'm not sure if I can handle the size. I will continue to fiddle with it and eventually share whatever size I decide to settle on. Regardless I need a plaid scarf in my life and eventually I will get one!






LinkWithin