Monday, October 6, 2014

DIY Hydrangea Wreath


DIY Hydrangea Wreath
We put our fall decorations out early this year so we can actually enjoy them before the Christmas decorations come out. (On a side note: I have no idea how to have a Christmas tree and a curious soon to be one year old coexist in my house.)
I had a fall wreath I made a couple years ago up on our door but I got a great deal on some fall hydrangeas and a grapevine wreath and I have been wanting to make a hydrangea wreath. I’ve seen them all over Pinterest and I am a huge hydrangea lover. Since the one in my garden didn’t bloom this year I guess I just needed to make up for it some way.
I got all my supplies at Jo-Ann’s. The wreath had some other decorations I pulled off to save for another time but I kept the bow. I used four bunches of hydrangeas but I could have gotten away with only two if I didn’t place the flowers as close together.
DIY Hydrangea Wreath
I cut the individual blooms off of the bunch with wire cutting pliers. I pulled off the leaves too since I wasn’t interested in adding them to my wreath. I laid out the flowers around the wreath to get a feel for how I would place them. Then I bent each stem and inserted them in between grapevine pieces. They fit snugly so there was no need to add hot glue. The wreath already had the bow so it was done.
DIY Hydrangea Wreath
I finished it in around 15 minutes during one of Lincoln’s naps and I still had time to do some laundry (the never ending chore.) At least I satisfied my need to make something pretty. I will keep my eye out for different colored hydrangeas because I would love to have a similar wreath for the summer.
DIY Hydrangea Wreath

DIY Hydrangea Wreath
DIY Hydrangea Wreath

LinkWithin