Friday, July 25, 2014

July Garden Blooms

 

There is a lot going on in my garden right now. I didn’t realize how much was blooming until I started editing the pictures for this post. Summer starts my long bloomers. The purple coneflower and black eyed Susan will be blooming through August. Speaking of long bloom times, my lilies are amazing this summer. They have so many buds on them and have been blooming longer than ever before.

We put some annuals in the ground this year and they aren’t doing that well. We never have much luck with annuals in the ground and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Not enough sun, not enough fertilizer? At least my perennials are having a fantastic year and keeping the garden colorful all season long.

My veggie garden is growing well but not producing a whole lot yet. I did pick some green beans the other day and there are lots more growing. I grew a new variety of zucchini that is taking over the entire bed but I have yet to pick a zucchini from it yet. There are a couple of baby zucchinis but for the amount of room it takes up I should have picked something from it by now. There are lots of tomatoes on the vine but no red ones yet. Tomato and zucchini explosion is on the way so we better start thinking of ways to eat them…

 

Day lily

Day lily

Purple coneflower

Purple coneflower

Black eyed Susan

Black eyed Susan

Royal Candles

Royal Candles

Vinca

Vinca

Drumstick allium

Drumstick allium

Drumstick allium

Drumstick allium

Drumstick allium

Drumstick allium (same one as the previous two pictures only two weeks later)

LinkWithin