Monday, May 26, 2014

Garden Blooms- Early and Mid May

 

Happy Memorial Day! We took Lincoln to his first parade this morning. Our town has a parade every year that goes right behind our house but we’ve never been to it after living here for 7 1/2 years. We decided to bring Lincoln to it this year and I was surprised at how big it was. It lasted a little over an hour but Lincoln pretty much lost interest after the first half hour :) To be fair it was about time for his nap anyway.

It’s still fun to try new things with him and eventually he will start to appreciate it. We’ve been enjoying the beautiful weather this weekend. Sunday we went for a walk in the Metro parks and saw a small flock of Canada Geese land in the river that proceed to squawk like crazy. Lincoln was definitely interested in them. He loves being outside and looking around. It’s Mike’s go to move to take him outside on the front porch when he starts to get fussy. It always calms him down.

His naps are getting some what consistent, which had been great for getting some stuff done in the garden. This weekend Mike mulched our front bed and I planted annuals. Last weekend we moved a couple of plants around to open up more space next to our driveway. I am really excited about how everything turned out and I feel like this is our best garden year ever.

I started some veggies and herbs from seed and we got those planted too. I have three kinds of peppers, green beans, basil, parsley and arugula already started. I planted some seeds for carrots, radishes and zucchini. We bought a tomato plant and there were also some volunteers that sprung from last years plant so I saved one of those too. I transplanted some chive volunteers into the garden too in the hopes that they well help repel bugs. I think it’s going to be a really great year for our veggies and herbs too.

And finally some of the flowers that have been blooming in the past few weeks. I have lots more going on in the garden right now and I need to get out there with my camera to take some shots.

 

Tulips

yellow tulipyellow tulip

 

Magnolia

Magnolia

Magnolia

 

Bleeding Heart

Bleeding Heart

 

Azalea

Azalea

LinkWithin