Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Floral Skirt Five Ways

 

floral skirt

I had the past week off of work and there was nothing blog worthy about what I was wearing. I did manage to make a trip to the thrift store and I found a mint maxi skirt and this pretty floral print skirt. I was just thinking how I didn’t own very much floral because I usually don’t care for the patterns and then this skirt caught my eye. It’s from Ann Taylor and for $2.25 I couldn’t pass it up. I wasn’t really sure how to wear such a bold print right away so I made up some combinations from my closet to get the ideas flowing.

I don’t think I came up with anything ground breaking because I mostly paired it with cardigans but that’s what I like to wear with my skirts so I know that these will be outfits I will actually wear in the future. I did manage to come up with four work looks and one more casual look so I think this skirt is a winner. I really needs to start warming up though because I don’t think this skirt would look good with tights and now I’m anxious to wear it.

Any other suggestions you have for ways to wear this skirt?

IMG_6717

Shirt- Thrifted:Loft, Shoes- Thrifted: Worthington

The obvious choice was to go with white. This cardigan is a bit on the short side but it works perfect with this high waisted skirt. It actually gives me some more ideas on how to wear it since it has been neglected in my closet.

IMG_6703

Shirt- Target, Necklace- Thrifted, Shoes- Kohl’s

Another neutral outfit. I own a long sleeve cardigan and three quarter length cardigan in this same color so they would also work well with this skirt.

IMG_6707

Shirt- Thrifted: Old Navy, Belt- Target, Shoes- Kohl’s

I pulled the red out of the skirt in this outfit. It’s definitely the boldest of the options I put together. I even added a belt. I haven’t belted a sweater in a looong time since I wasn’t the biggest fan of belts when I was pregnant and they just haven’t made their way back into my accessories yet.

IMG_6716

Shirt- Thrifted, Necklace- Gifted

The other color I found that to pull the colors out of this skirt is my coral cardigan. I’m finding this cardigan is working in a lot of combinations lately. I barely used to wear it and now it’s becoming one of my favorites.

IMG_6726

Shirt- Old Navy, Shoes- Kohl’s, Earrings- DIY by me

Since all my other outfits are work looks I wanted to try something more casual. I could see myself wearing this to a party or family get together in the summer.

LinkWithin