Friday, April 18, 2014

Striped Dress Three Ways

 

All opinions are 100% my own. I was not compensated for this post but I did receive the dress for free. Thank you to eShakti.com.

 

I was recently contacted by eShakti to try out one of their dresses. This was basically a dream come true because this site has the most beautiful dresses and you can customize the neckline, sleeves and length. I had the hardest time narrowing it down to one dress but I fell in love with the big bold stripes of this dress. I left the length at above knee and I love how it isn’t too short. I customized the neckline to raise it up to a scoop neck and added cap sleeves to make it a little more modest and I think it turned out really cute. I do think the sleeves are a little tight but oh well, I still am in love with this dress. I don’t own anything like this and it’s a great addition to my closet.

I want it to be versatile so I decided to style it in three different ways.

IMG_6353

With heels and chunky pearls

Necklace- thrifted and redone by me, Shoes- Fergalicious

This dress would be perfect to wear to a wedding. We actually have a wedding to go to in August and I might end up wearing this dress minus the tights. I’m still not ready to lose the tights in mid April.

IMG_6365

With a blazer

Blazer- JC Penney, Shoes- thrifted, Necklace- gift

I think the blazer adds a bit of office sophistication to this dress. It definitely needed to be buttoned though to keep the slim waistline intact.

IMG_6367

With a cardigan

Cardigan- Old Navy, Necklace- Sassy Steals, Shoes- Fergalicious

My first cardigan color choice would have been black but I wanted to try something different so I choose navy instead. Navy and black is really popular right now. Plus navy always looks good with green so I think the colors look great together. I’m not sure what other color combos would work besides something safe like gray or white. I am a cardigan lover through and through so I am loving this look.

LinkWithin