Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring Crocus

 

crocus

We had the most beautiful weekend! It was sunny and in the upper 70s. Quite a taste of spring. Believe or not we are actually due to have 1-3 inches of snow now on Tuesday :( That’s Northeast Ohio weather for you. All over the place.

Unfortunately for me I was sick with the stomach flu on Saturday so I missed out on a lot of the sun. Good thing I have Mike to take care of me when I’m sick. I don’t’ know what I’d do without him! Lincoln’s sitter was sick this week and I must have gotten it from her. My mom got it too but luckily Lincoln and Mike have stayed healthy. Fingers crossed we are out of the woods too. I don’t want my boy or my hubby to get that nasty bug!

I was on the mend by Sunday so Mike and I did some light yard work. We both are itching to do a mini redo to our front garden bed so I foresee lots of digging in the next couple of weekends. Mike wants to open up the yard by the driveway since some of the plants are in the way of the car door and I want to do a little plant rearranging.

We also talked about our veggie and herb garden and the plan right now is for tomatoes, peppers, green beans, onions, broccoli, zucchini, basil, parsley and thyme. We already have some pots of chives, sage, lemon thyme and oregano.  I want to buy the tomato, pepper, broccoli and onion but I will be planting everything else from seed. I’ve still got time and the motivation to do my own planting this year. I’m am looking forward to eating some tasty veggies from our garden this year!

 

crocus

crocus

crocus

crocus

LinkWithin