Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WIWW- Back to Work

 

black blazer, striped shirt

Blazer- JC Penney, Shirt- Old Navy, Pants- Ann Taylor LOFT, Shoes- JC Penney, Earrings- JC Penney

It’s my first outfit post since going back to work and it only took me five weeks to make it happen :) I used to take a quick outfit shot in the morning before work but now that is just one too many things to add to my list of stuff to do in the morning so I took this picture after work. My hair isn’t as cute and I’m a little more wrinkly but it works.

I’m trying to wear more blazers in my wardrobe now and I’m loving this one I got from JC Penney. I really like the way it fits and I always struggle to find blazers that don’t make my shoulders look too broad. Plus I got a great deal on it. I am really liking JC Penney’s Worthington line. They have nice work clothes for super reasonable prices. I got a couple of skirts and a pair of skinny pants there too that I have been wearing to work since I got back.

Speaking of being back, I can’t believe it’s already my fifth week. It’s been hard being away from my little guy but I finally feel like we are getting into a good routine. I appreciate all the time we have together so much more because I have to be away from him now.

To look on the bright side, it is nice to have a reason to get dressed in the morning now and I‘ve really been weeding through my closet to get rid of some pieces I never wear or don’t fit right. I’ve lost all my baby weight but my belly isn’t as flat as it used to be so I have been getting used to dressing it differently.

Thanks to everyone that has made such kind comments on how I look! I will attribute 80% off this weight loss to nursing, 15% to my diet and 5% to working out. The weight has pretty much melted off since the day I left the hospital but exercise is what is toning up my belly. I don’t do it as much as I would like but I try to get a couple sessions in every week.

Mike and I have always ate pretty healthy and now that I’m not growing a hungry little baby in my belly we have gotten back into pretty good eating habits so that also helps with my weight. Not to say we don’t indulge sometimes but out diet consists of lots of fruit, veggies, whole grains and lean meats. We make the majority of our meals at home and I’m lucky enough to have an amazing husband who does all of our cooking. Yes that’s right, he does all of our cooking. I pitch in occasionally to heat something up or make breakfast but Mike is the chef around here and I am so grateful to have a husband that does that for us!

So back to my outfit. I’m going to set a goal of one outfit picture a week and see if I can stick to it. It takes the pressure off and I can try and share my best outfit of the week or whatever day I am lucky enough to sneak away for a couple of minutes :)

LinkWithin