Monday, February 24, 2014

Useful Baby Items 0-3 Months

 

When I was pregnant I spent hours looking up what to put on a baby registry. There was plenty of advice out there and a lot of it was conflicting. The “top 5 items you need the most” were the same items on the “top 5 items you don’t need at all.” I talked to all my friends with babies and got their advice. The more I read, the more I felt like I needed it all! Ultimately we just picked what we thought would work for us and I’m sharing some of the items we’ve ended up using the most in the first three months.

0-3 month baby items

 

Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Bouncer- I love this bouncy chair! Lincoln has loved it from the first time we put him in it, which was in the first two weeks. It cradled him really well in the beginning and he loves to nap in it. Now that he’s a little older he really likes looking at the bird mobile. He looks like he’s going to get too long for it soon and that will be a sad day for me since he has loved it so much.

Swaddle Blankets- We used the Summer Infant SwaddleMe in the beginning and Lincoln loved being in them. The are so easy to use and they always quieted him down when he was fussy. They make larger sizes but when he outgrew the small ones we moved to a HALO SleepSack Swaddle Blanket because we were gifted one. It helps him to sleep through the night and he can still kick his legs in it, which is something he loves to do all the time. He’s going to grow out of it soon and I don’t know what we are going to do without the swaddle arms at night.

JJ Cole Car Seat Cover - This has been a really cold and nasty winter to be carting around a newborn baby. We put this car seat cover over Lincoln with a blanket underneath and he stays nice and toasty warm despite the fact that it’s below freezing out many days.

Graco Pack 'n Play with changing table - Our pack’ n play is set up in the living room and we use the changing table all the time. We have a changing table in his room but we spend most of our time downstairs so this is so convenient. This changer is high enough that we don’t have to bend over to use it and we can store all his supplies in the organizer section. He takes some naps in the bassinet part or I use it as a safe place to lay him when I need to put him down for a little while.

Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub- I saw this tub pop up on so many recommendation lists and I’m really glad we got it. The slanted side has been perfect for setting a tiny baby in since the first bath and it’s really easy for one person to bathe him since he stays put. Lincoln loves bath time too in this tub.

Philips AVENT Soothie Pacifier - These pacifiers help to calm Lincoln down when he is fussy and put him to sleep when he is tired. We gave it to him the second day in the hospital and he’s never had any nipple confusion.

Philips AVENT Natural Bottle- We originally bought Dr. Browns bottles but Lincoln would drink too fast and was always choking with those. I received an Avent one for free and when we tried that one he ate more slowly because the nipples have a slower flow than Dr. Browns. These are the ones we ended up sticking with and they are supposed to help support switching between the bottle and breastfeeding, which we’ve never had a problem with. We started with the 4 oz but we have already moved to the 9 oz.

Skip Hop Towel - This towel from Skip Hop is our favorite. It’s big enough to wrap Lincoln up after his bath and he looks so cute wearing the hood!

Piyo Piyo Baby Nail Scissors- Baby nails are like little razor blades! Lincoln was born with really long nails and they haven’t stopped growing. I have to trim them all the time and these scissors make it the job easier. Sometimes I follow up my trim with a baby nail file but usually I am trying to get the job done as quickly as possible.

 

Now that Lincoln is in his third month, some of what we are using is starting to change so I will try and come up with a new list to share what we are using the most in a few months. He is already so different than he was when we first brought him home. It’s amazing to see how much he’s changed so far.

LinkWithin