Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Owl Themed Baby Nursery Reveal


Get ready for a picture explosion. This is definitely the most pictures I’ve ever put in a post but I had to share them all to show off baby Lincoln’s room. I love how the owl themed nursery turned out and we did it all for a budget price.
IMG_5587
Mike’s mom bought us the owl wall decal from Kohl’s. It was on sale plus a 30% off coupon which made it an amazing price. We ended up getting two different ones. The tree is one decal and then we got the owls on the tree stump too.
IMG_5589
Mike’s sister gave us her crib which she only recently used and we painted it white. I didn’t buy any special bedding since babies can’t use blankets until they are older and bumpers aren’t recommended anymore. I was thinking of getting a bed skirt but decided I liked the clean look of not having one.
IMG_0414
Here’s a closer up shot of the two decals.
IMG_0415

IMG_5233-001
I made the baby owl mobile and shared it in this post. The total cost was around $10 for the mobile clip and felt plus I used some materials from my stash.
IMG_5591
Our biggest expense was the chair. We originally were thinking of using a hand me down rocker but decided it wasn’t comfortable enough to spend long periods of time in. We ended up with the Poang Chair from Ikea with a matching ottoman (not in the picture). It’s has a really nice spring too it, it’s super comfy (especially with the ottoman) and one day it will look nice in our living room.
To the right of the chair is a set of blocks I used when I was a kid. We have it set up as a side table for the moment but as soon as Lincoln is older he will be able to enjoy those blocks as much as I did.
IMG_5598
Mike found the side table on the curb, brought it home and spruced it up with some chalk paint. We had the lamp in another room and the owl trash can came from our shower. The little brown and orange owl came from a garage sale. The white owl is a nightlight we purchased at Babies R Us with gift card money.
IMG_5221
Here’s a closer shot of the side table.
IMG_5595
Above the chair is this sweet little embroidery with Lincoln’s name that my friend made for me.
IMG_5600
I showed you my spray painted owls project already. This is the shelf all finished. The owls were from a garage sale and thrift store so they cost me around $2.00 plus the cost of two cans of spray paint which we also used on the alphabet letters that spell Lincoln. I had the middle owl in my garden last summer. We added two little owl candles that were favors at my baby shower.
The last addition on this shelf is our baby camera monitor. We opted to buy a security camera that hooks up to the computer and our smart phones instead of a specific video baby monitor and we saved a ton of money. Models that hook up to your phone run around $250 and this one was only $80 (which we used a gift card to pay for the majority of it.) It was complicated to set up but the IT support was really great and they got it running for us. We also have a separate audio only monitor we bought with gift card money when we don’t want to use the video monitor.
IMG_5593
The changing table was a $5 garage sale find. We got the three matching baskets as a shower gift and the long one on the bottom we already had. The changing pad, cover, mobile and diaper genie were also baby shower gifts. We had the blinds in the room already and we bought the room darkening curtains on sale at Target for $15.
We were so lucky to receive so many generous gifts and hand me downs that really helped up to create this room and prepare for our little baby Lincoln. One sad day he will tell me he wants a sports room or a car room or some other boy themed room and it will be easy to change it up since we didn’t spend a fortune putting it together. Right now I will enjoy the fact that he is a baby and has an adorable owl room :)

LinkWithin