Monday, November 4, 2013

39 Week Bump Update

 

39 weeks-001

I’m in my last week! 3 days to go until my due date. I am really hoping this is the last bump update I will be posting because this baby needs to show up soon!

At my doctor’s appointment today she said I was 3 cm dilated and expects me to go into labor on my own since I have already progressed so far along. She still scheduled an appointment for next week with an ultrasound to check on the baby’s position but hopefully by this time next week I will have a baby in my arms instead of my belly.

My latest pregnancy symptom is swollen feet and ankles. Out of all the uncomfortableness I’ve been through this one rivals for worst symptom. I can’t wear any of my shoes anymore because my feet won’t fit into them. I was shoving them into my flats at work but I just don’t think that is going to be possible anymore. Most of my flip flips don’t even fit except for one pair. They were a DIY I did last summer where I replaced the plastic straps with braids made out of tee shirt material so they are super stretchy. It was 30 degrees outside this morning and I was out and about in my flip flops. It actually wasn’t that bad because the cold air felt great on my feet. I’m usually the one that always has cold feet but not now. Plus comfort wins out over cold feet anyway. I feel much better when they aren’t constricted. I suppose I can feel lucky that this only happened at the end or I would probably have to buy a pair of temporary shoes to wear until my feet go back to a normal size.

Mike and I were busy cleaning the house this weekend. He vacuumed and steam cleaned the carpet and I helped dust, straighten and put away laundry. We both want to get the house in order so there is nothing to worry about when the baby gets here.

The pack and play and swing are all set up in the living room, the nursery is ready, his clothes are washed and put away, we have a stockpile of diapers and wipes, the car seat is in the car, the hospital bags are packed, all we need now is a baby!

bump and baby-39

LinkWithin