Friday, October 18, 2013

Spray Painted Owls

 

spray painted owls

 

I have been holding on to these two ugly owls for at least a year, long before I was pregnant. I got the one on the left at the dollar store last Halloween and the one on the right was a thrift store find. Spray painted owls have been a huge blogger project for a while and I wanted to jump on board with the trend. I didn’t know what to do with them so they sat in my closet for a long time. When we decided to do an owl theme in the baby’s room I knew they would be a perfect addition.

The main colors in the room are blue and green so we found some spray paint in a close match at Lowes. Mike gave each owl a few coats of paint and they have a completely different look. It’s amazing what some paint can do!

We paired these two with the owl I had out in the garden which was the right color to complete our little floating shelf from Target. An easy and cute project for our little guy’s room.

Stay tuned for the nursery reveal. I’m saving the whole thing for after the baby gets here :)

 

spray painted owls

spray painted owls

spray painted owls

Spray painted owls

 

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous linky parties.

LinkWithin