Monday, October 28, 2013

38 Week Bump Update

38 weeks

2 weeks (or officially 1 week 3 days) to go. I was looking at my picture from last week and my belly has definitely changed shaped. It’s less round than it was and it looks lower to me. He feels lower too and I have been feeling a lot of pressure the past few days. I’ve also had lots of upper back pain and been beyond exhausted. Plus I’ve been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, especially when I’m on my feet and walking around.

At my doctors appointment today I learned I am 2 1/2 cm dilated, 50% effaced and at a negative 2 station. I had to look up what the negative 2 meant and it means the baby has dropped but he is not in my pelvis yet. I guess that confirms that I have been feeling that he is lower. There is no way to know exactly when he will be here but it can’t be long now!

We had a wedding to go to this past Saturday and celebrated my dad’s birthday on Sunday. I feel like there is no break for this tired pregnant lady. We have been non stop busy for the entire month and all I want to do is slow down and rest. Next weekend is looking fairly calm so hopefully I will be able to relax in my last moments without a newborn.

We have so much stuff for this tiny little guy I worked on reorganizing his closet and changing table. It seemed like we had so much room for all his stuff but we are filled to the brim now. We have gotten so many gifts and hand me downs, plus all the stuff we bought for him I don’t know what else we could possibly need at this point. Just a baby!

 

bump and baby-38 weeks

LinkWithin