Monday, October 21, 2013

37 Week Bump Update

 

37 weeks

 

Hard to believe I am in my 37th week of pregnancy already. Technically only 2 weeks and 3 days to go before my little guy is supposed to get here. It is just around the corner yet still feels so far away. (Hopefully this shirt I’m wearing holds out for these picture for a couple more weeks because it’s getting too small!)

I have been crocheting some tiny hats for the baby to wear. I’ve got two finished and am working on two different sizes of a third design. It’s taking me longer than it should and I’m hoping to make at least one more type before I run out of time. It’s only fitting that my baby has a million and one hats since I’ve made so many for other people.

I’m up to 1 1/2 cm dilated which is 1/2 cm more than last week. Hoping that’s a good sign I will continue to progress and go into labor on my own since I don’t want to be induced.

On a much sadder note my grandma had a severe stroke this past Tuesday and is paralyzed on the left side of her body. She has been improving but it’s going to be a long road to recovery. She is getting moved to a rehab facility today or tomorrow to start physical, occupation and speech therapy to recover her paralyzed muscles. It’s hard to see her in the hospital and sad that this is supposed to be a happy time for the family but it’s turning into a very hard time instead. I am praying for her recovery and that she will be able to hold her first great grandchild in her arms after he gets here.

So I will focus on getting myself through these last few weeks of pregnancy despite the fact that I’m tired, uncomfortable and still suffering with horrible heartburn. I don’t know what I would do without Mike to help get me through every day. He is so amazing around the house and has been picking up all my slack for a long time. I am anxiously awaiting this little guy to be here and become a part of our lives.

LinkWithin