Friday, August 2, 2013

Easy Peasy DIY Earrings


Easy Peasy DIY Earrings

I actually did something crafty! Ever since I got pregnant I have lost my desire to craft. It’s been replaced by total obsession with all things baby like maternity clothes and my baby registry plus I get worn out really easy to that contributes to wanting to lay around and do nothing. Well I actually felt like accomplishing something the other day and these earrings were born.

I was at the craft store at the beginning of the year buying yarn (which I also still haven’t used) and and the Styled by Tori line had a bunch of clearance pieces. I used the necklace piece in the past to make an easy DIY necklace so I took at look at some of the earring pieces caught my eye. I think the line has some really great pieces in it but if you know anything about making jewelry you don’t need to buy the extra expensive completer pieces. You can finish them off yourself with regular jewelry making supplies.

Easy Peasy DIY Earrings

The one set was $1.97 and the other was 2.97 so I scored a great deal. All I needed was four earring hooks which I had in my jewelry making supply stash but they are really cheap to buy a bag of them, especially if you have a coupon.

I almost question even making a tutorial because this is so easy but I needed to show I still have creative juices left so here’s what I did.

Easy Peasy DIY Earrings

Take two pairs of pliers and open up the jump ring that is already attached to the top of the earrings.

Easy Peasy DIY Earrings

Add your earring hook and close it back up. Repeat for the other side. Done!

Easy Peasy DIY Earrings

In my case repeat for the other set of earrings too. Done and done!

Now I have some super cute, inexpensive earrings to add to my collection. Great for dressing up an outfit or wearing when I can’t find a necklace that works.

Easy Peasy DIY Earrings

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

LinkWithin