Wednesday, July 3, 2013

WIWW- What I Wore Wednesday #26

 

green and navy striped skirt

Skirt- Thrifted: Old Navy (Similar Stripes, Similar Solids), Tank- Old Navy (Similar), Cardigan- Target (Similar), Shoes- Target, Belt- Target, Necklace- Gift

I was so excited to find this skirt at the thrift store. It’s stretchy knit and one size larger than I would normally wear. I went to wear it and realized I have no idea how to style it besides this one outfit. A lengthy Pinterest search later I came up with some new ideas. I need to get creative with it since I expect it to get lots of wear this summer since it is comfy enough for weekends but dressy enough for work.

black and white striped dress and mint

Dress- Motherhood Maternity (Similar), Cardigan- Target (Similar), Necklace- Very Jane, Shoes- Target

I got this dress when I was in DC at a Macy’s that carried Motherhood Maternity clothes. I love how it fit and it actually has lots of room to grow up front. I’m hoping the black and white will end up being very versatile with the rainbow of cardigans in my closet.

pink with black and white stripes

Skirt- Target Maternity, Cardigan- Target (Similar), Tank- New York and Company, Necklace- New York and Company, Shoes- Sears

I am starting to see a theme with all of my maternity clothes and it’s stripes. I have another skirt that is stripes and a maternity top too. They must be in fashion this season because they are taking over my closet. I totally wore this cardigan two days in a row. I was leaving the house and I said to Mike, “I think I wore this yesterday” He was basically like “Who cares, let’s go before you make us late.” I still felt pretty silly because I hate wearing the same things two weeks in a row, let alone two days in a row.

blue and green

Cardigan- Thrifted: Ann Taylor (Similar), Tank- Gap Maternity, Pants: Motherhood Maternity via Clothes Mentor (Similar), Shoes- Target, Necklace- Made by me

After I found a million and one blue and green combos from researching my skirt I wore earlier in the week I felt inspired to pair blue and green together again. I got these capris and thought they were the most comfortable thing ever but I wanted them to be slightly skinnier in the leg. After they sat unaltered for a couple of weeks, I tried them on again and decided they weren’t that bad and seeing them in this picture conforms that.

IMG_4739

Shirt- Thrifted: Target, Pants- Old Navy Maternity, Shoes- Thrifted and redone by me

I wore this out running errands. It started out cool, warmed up and then torrential down poured and cooled off again. It’s been pretty cool for June and I’m not complaining. This is the perfect year for that!

IMG_4741

And here’s a bump shot. Two people at work noticed I was pregnant this week. I’m starting to find some of my shirts are getting too short and that hasn’t been much of a problem so far. This little boy is getting big!

LinkWithin