Monday, July 8, 2013

Fourth of July Weekend and 22 Week Bump Update

 

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July. Mike and I celebrated by spending time with family and friends. It was the first weekend in a long time I actually wanted to hang out and stay up later than 10:00 pm. It felt good to spend time with our friends again but it definitely wore me out. My energy level had increased but it still gets depleted much faster than I want it too. My body is working hard to grow our little guy and it’s not going to let me forget it!

Mike and I spend a long session registering at Babies R Us two weekends ago. I went in there with a plan and end up leaving tired and overwhelmed and needing a two hour nap. There is just so much baby stuff out there. I had a list I didn’t even bother looking at because we just walked up and down the aisles instead and looked at almost everything in the store. Having access online was really nice to add what we forgot or change items out for different brands. I still go back over our registry every couple of days to make sure I have the brands I want and I can’t stop reading Amazon reviews.

We’ve already been accumulating a lot of baby stuff but I still feel like our registry had tons of items on it. I’ve picked up a couple of things at garage sales or the baby consignment shop in my town and we’ve been given some hand me downs and stuff to borrow plus Mike’s mom had bought us a few things. We have a pile started in the basement to accumulate it all in one place.

There is no one size fits all when it come to baby stuff because everyone has a different opinion about what worked for their baby and most of the time they are completely contradictory. How’s a first time mom supposed to cut through all of the opinions to find the best stuff for her baby? I’ll let you know if I ever figure it out.

So here’s some bump progress pictures. I may not be that big yet but I sure feel like I am because I am losing my mobility. I have trouble getting off of the couch or out of a bench seat at a restaurant. When Mike and I walk the dogs I am way behind him. I used to wait for him to catch up and now I let Abby drag me up the hill on the last part of our walk. I toss and turn at night trying to get comfortable. My back hurts, my insides feel squished, and I feel worn out from lugging this belly around at the end of the day. Besides this little rant I’m feeling the best I have so far throughout this pregnancy and I can’t wait for this little guy to get here in 18 weeks. I feel him moving around all the time reminding me that the hard part is going to be worth it in the end :)

21 weeks

 

22 weeks - 001

LinkWithin