Friday, June 21, 2013

Mid June Garden Blooms

 

The garden is going strong right now. I have a whole bunch of flowers starting to bloom and they look great. I added in some Stella D’Oro day lilies in the fall two years ago to fill in a bloom time hole and they are really coming through this year. They are actually getting pretty huge too. It’s amazing how big some of my plants have gotten.

It really gives me the itch to dig like I’ve mentioned before but I’m still resisting. I have a mental plan for what I want to do next year because there are some problem areas in the garden. Some of my Siberian Iris are getting overwhelmed by a day lily and they are barely noticeable. I would love to move them. I’m not sure how I feel about all of the Columbine plants I have this year. I have four and I probably want to remove one of them that seems crowded. I’m sure I’ll notice some other spots that are lacking too in the upcoming months. My Black Eyed Susan are getting pretty big so they might need a bit of dividing too. Maybe if I write it down I won’t forget when everything is tiny in the spring!

I’m off to see my sister today in Washington DC. I’m heading down with my mom to help her move, although I won’t be doing much moving in my pregnant state. I wanted to visit her before the baby comes and see her new place. I’m also taking advantage of this trip to visit the Forever 21 maternity store in downtown DC. There are only a handful in the country and none in Ohio so I’m crossing my fingers for some cheap finds. It’s also in a plaza with H & M and Zara. There are H & Ms in my area but they aren’t really close and I don’t go there very often plus I’ve never been to Zara so I think it will be fun to check it out too.

Happy Friday!

Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily

Stella D’Oro Lily

Stella D’Oro Lily

Astilbe

Astilbe

Royal Candles

Royal Candles

Hydrangea

Hydrangea (just starting to bloom)

LinkWithin