Monday, June 24, 2013

Gender Reveal and 20 Week Bump Update

 

I’m back from a weekend in DC to help my sister move, although I wasn’t much help with the moving part. I did help her pack up her kitchen and unpack it, plus I was there for moral support :)

My big disappointment was that the Forever 21 in DC no longer sells maternity clothes even though it said online. The disappointment was short lived because I hated pretty much everything in the store. I don’t know if it was the location or just the summer line but after I walked around the store I saw nothing that caught my eye. H & M wasn’t much better. The store was a zoo and the maternity was all casual clothes. I did have some success at Macy’s. They carry Motherhood Maternity and some other lines and I ended up with a pair of side panel stretch shorts and two dresses so all in all it was a success.

I’m not sure how much I still really need to buy at this point. I’m feeling pretty set at the moment since I don’t want to buy too much more that I will only wear for just over four moths. I’m noticing I’ve introduced a lot more stripes into my wardrobe. They must be really popular right now because I see them everywhere. I will probably need a couple things at the end but I need to get really good at remixing now to make the pieces I have last.

Our most exciting news was finding out the gender of our baby at our doctor’s appointment this morning and….

It’s a boy!

IMG_4715

He was not hiding at all so it was very clear  :)  Mike did a little happy dance after we found out. He really wanted a boy and I kind of did too. Everyone at work thought I was having a boy because I’ve been craving spicy foods and beef. I would have loved dressing up a little girl but I’m really excited for a boy. Mike is already planning all of the sports he will play. It will be the third boy in the family this year since my uncle had a boy in February and Mike’s niece just had a boy on June 18th.

I feel like we can really plan now too since we know what colors will work the best. I can also start crocheting some hats! He will probably have one for every day of the week. It’s going to be so fun to be able to make some adorable hats for my own little boy.

Now some bump pictures from the last two weeks. People are starting to really notice it now and I am too. Getting around just isn’t as easy as it used to be.

19 weeks

20 weeks

I put a little collage together too so you can see how far I’ve come in the past seven weeks.

bump and baby collage

LinkWithin