Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WIWW- What I Wore Wednesday #18

 

black button down, fuschia pencil skirt

Button down- New York and Company, Skirt- Target, Belt- Thrifted, Boots- Steve Madden Girl, Necklace- Burlington Coat Factory

I was not quite ready for completely bare legs this day but I am so over tights. I can’t stand the thought of wearing them again until it’s too cold to get away with it. I tried tucking this button down into my skirt but it just wasn’t working right. It was too puffy and wrinkly looking so untucked and belted had to do.

polka dot dress, red jacket

Jacket- Thrifted: Ann Taylor, Dress- Thrifted and Refashioned by me, Shoes- Kohl’s, Necklace- Gift

This sweater jacket/blazer is just a tad short to really wear with pants so I don’t wear it that often. It did make the perfect paring with this dress though. It’s also a strange piece to figure out what season it belongs in. It’s a heavier sweater material but three quarter length. Too cold for winter, too hot for summer, perfect for spring.

black, white and fuschia

Cardigan- Thrifted: Old Navy, Tank- Old Navy, Skirt- JC Penney, Shoes- Kohl’s, Belt- Thrifted

Not sure how I made it out of the house this day. I had trouble getting up and trouble picking out an outfit which lead me to be super late. I like to take my pictures right before I leave in the morning so my clothes are less wrinkled, my hair has more volume, and my makeup is fresh. Well that didn’t happen so here is my after work picture. Slightly more wrinkly than I would like after sitting all day long but better late than never.

oatmeal and black with polka dots

Cardigan- Lands End Canvas, Tank- Old Navy, Skirt- Thrifted: New York and Company, Belt- Thrifted, Necklace- Made by me

This outfit was a combination of items I don’t wear very often (with the exception of the belt. It’s probably the most worn item in my closest. I mean, I wore it three times this week.) I thrifted this skirt and it was brand new with tags, nice quality with a lining but it had a side slit. I realize you can’t really tell in the picture. I’ve only worn it once before and I just wore the slit in the back even though there was a seam up the front. I decided to pull it out again this week and I think I actually like it a lot more than I thought I did… and I wore it the right way this time :)

 

Linking up to:

pleated poppystillbeingmolly

LinkWithin