Monday, May 6, 2013

Pansy Obsession

 

We had such a beautiful weekend! It definitely feels like spring and I love it. The weather is warm, the flowers are blooming, pollen is everywhere. Well maybe I don’t love that pollen is everywhere because my allergies are out of control. I love being outside right now but my itching nose has the windows shut and air on already in our house.

It really was a nice weekend though. I went garage saleing with my grandma on Saturday and I’ve never seen so many people out before. I think everyone else had the same idea. I picked up a couple of things I was looking for but I’m hoping next time we go there is the usual crowd of just a few people here and there.

We spent some time with Mike’s sister and nieces on Sunday and had a nice time with them. Then we made the mistake of going out to Mexican on Cinco De Mayo. Neither one of us realized it until we got to the restaurant and it was a zoo. Luckily we didn’t wait very long because Mike was ready to go somewhere else but I had Mexican on the brain and at that point so I wasn’t going anywhere :)

So technically I think these pictures might be violas but since all of these flowers are volunteers, I really can’t say for sure. I planted some pansies and violas in pots last spring and let them go to seed, hoping I would get some volunteers popping up. I saw a couple in the fall and this spring lots more came up. They are by far my favorite annual and I love how easily they self seed.

pansy/viola

pansy/viola

pansy/viola

pansy/viola

What’s really funny about these other pansies is that I never planted in this area. Last year a couple sprouted up in the gravel where I keep my herb garden. I let them stay because obviously I love them. This year they are everywhere! I could have taken a million pictures but I tamed it down. They look so pretty and I don’t mind at all that they are staging a takeover :)

pansy/viola

pansy/viola

pansy/viola

LinkWithin