Monday, April 1, 2013

Crochet Chevron Baby Blanket

Crochet Chevron Baby Blanket

Mike’s niece is having a baby in July. (She is only three years younger than me in case you were wondering.) I made her a hat at Christmas time and she lives in Atlanta so I didn’t want to bombard her with hats. She registered for blue and white chevron sheets and it got the wheels in my head turning so I figured a blanket would be a good gift the baby could use for a long time. The shower isn’t until the 16th but since I’m pretty sure she doesn’t read my blog I think it’s safe to post it early :)

I scoured Ravelry for chevron blanket patterns and I settled on this one from Coats and Clark. I used Caron Pound of Love in a Navy and White. I actually had a ton of yarn left over so I could have bought smaller skeins but I was too nervous I would run out that I over bought to be safe.

The stitch pattern was super easy. It’s all made of double crochet with increases and decreases. I didn’t follow the pattern exactly because the stripes were uneven. Instead I made three rows of each color. I didn’t want to have to weave in a million ends but there still were quite a few at the end.

This blanket was surprisingly quick to make. I had the pattern memorized after a couple of rows. I set a goal to crochet at least three rows at a time on most days. It took me around three weeks to finish the whole thing and I didn’t get sick of it like I usually do with most bigger projects. I think this is my go to baby blanket for the future. There are so many fun variations you can make with it using different colors.

I had no clue how big it was going to be when I started it but I think it turned out to be a nice size. Here I am holding it up so you can see how big it is.

Crochet Chevron Baby Blanket

Crochet Chevron Baby Blanket

Crochet Chevron Baby Blanket

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

LinkWithin