Friday, March 15, 2013

Lace Tee to Cowl Refashion



Lace Tee to Cowl Refashion

I bought this lace tee shirt at the thrift store a couple of months ago and I was really excited about it. It was a little big when I tried it on but I figure I would just take it in. I didn’t even bother looking at in the mirror. That was big mistake. It had this weird ruffle right in the chest area that was completely unflattering. I threw it in the refashion pile and hoped that inspiration would strike.

IMG_3995

I am suddenly on a scarf/cowl kick and I started going through my refashion pile to see what I could transform when this shirt caught my eye. I decided it would make the perfect little spring cowl.
I started by slicing it off under the armpits. Then I tried it on to make sure I like the size.

IMG_4009

Since there were two layers to the shirt and they weren’t connected I put in a super simple hem. I didn’t even bother double folding it since the fabric wasn’t fraying.

IMG_4010

That weird ruffle was still bothering me so I hand stitched it the shirt to make it lay flat and I was done. Super simple project and now I have a cute lace piece to wear. I already wore it to work and I think it was the perfect compliment to my mint and green outfit :)

Lace Tee to Cowl Refashion

Lace Tee to Cowl Refashion

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

LinkWithin