Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WIWW- What I Wore Wednesday #8

 

polka dot dress, black cardigan

Cardigan- Thrifted- Old Navy, Dress- Thrifted and Refashioned by me, Tights- Kohls, Shoes- Thrifted, Earrings- Groopdealz

I’ve only worn this dress in the summer/fall so I decided to bring it into the winter months. This was the wrong cardigan to wear because I was freezing all day (I do own 5 black ones!) I ended up wearing it buttoned up and suddenly this dress reminded me of the polka dot J Crew Skirt I see floating all over blog land. I guess I can cross that off my dream list of items I wish I had in my closet.

mint cardigan, navy necklace, gray pants

Cardigan- Target, Button Down- Thrifted, Pants- Thrifted- New York and Company, Shoes- Thrifted, Necklace- Gift

My mother in law gave me this necklace and wondered if I could make it into something else. I don’t know why I would do that when it is perfect the way it is! I wore it to satisfy my mint and navy obsession. I do need to get more creative with this cardigan since this is very similar to the last time I wore it. I’ve already been scouring Pinterest for ideas.

blue cardigan, navy turtleneck, leopard belt

Cardigan- Target, Turtleneck- Garage Sale- Limited, Skirt- Target, Tights- JC Penney, Boots- JC Penney, Belt- Kohls

I know I have a winning color combo when I get the thumbs up from the hubby. I threw in one of my two leopard items into the mix. This belt is actually way too big for my waist but I skip the belt buckle and just wear it through the loop after the buckle. After I add a big loopy knot to it and it stays in place quite well.

blue sweater, mustard tank

Sweater- Target, Tank- Target, Jeans- Kohls, Boots- Aerosoles, Hat- Made by me

My casual outfit for the week. I have been trying to look more put together when I’m not at work. Wearing a long sleeve shirt, fleece and workout pants doesn’t have to always be my out of work norm. I’m starting by wearing my long forgotten sweaters. Adding a mustard tank to this one gives it a fresh look.

LinkWithin