Friday, February 15, 2013

Crochet Flower Wreath


Yarn wrapped crochet flower wreath

My front door has been looking pretty sad since I took down my Christmas wreath, especially since I refused to take down the wreath hook because I just knew I would make another wreath for the door. Once month later I had an epiphany when working on a different project and this wreath practically made itself.
Months and months ago I wrapped a wreath form in yarn. I was going to make a zillion felt flowers and make an interchangeable wreath. After I wrapped the wreath in yarn I ran out of steam. It was more work than I bargained for and I moved on to something else. My recommendation for wrapping a wreath is to use a chunky yarn. I used Caron Simply Soft on mine.

Yarn wrapped crochet flower wreath

My friend’s daughter is turning one and I was looking through my stash of crocheted flowers to make some headband’s with and I started wondering how I could use these flowers that were just stuffed in my drawer. Enter the yarn wrapped wreath that had been sitting around for the past few months and some pins and my wreath was born.

Yarn wrapped crochet flower wreath

I used some straight pins to pin the flowers to the wreath so I can change it up without having to wrap another wreath form in yarn. It literally took me five minutes to put it all together.

Yarn wrapped crochet flower wreath

If you want to make your own flowers and leafs I got the patterns from 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More.

It’s a cute book with tons of knitted and crocheted flowers. If you don’t want the book, the pattern for the rose is on Ravelry. It’s actually my favorite flower pattern. And here is a similar leaf pattern.

The wreath was a little too wide for by wreath hanger so I had to add a piece of ribbon to hang it on before it went on the door. I love how cheery and springy it is. It’s a nice reminder of the light at the end of the tunnel (I’m talking about spring after a long winter if that wasn’t clear!)

Yarn wrapped crochet flower wreath

Yarn wrapped crochet flower wreath

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...