Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Crochet Coffee Mug Cozy


crochet coffee mug cozy

My sister put in a couple of last minute Christmas present requests. She sent me a picture of a really cute mug cozy she found on etsy that had already sold and asked if I could make one. Well of course I could!

I started out by finding a mug cozy pattern. This one from Tutus and Tea Parties was perfect. It was worked up really quickly and is easy to adapt to different size mugs. I used some cream colored wool from my stash (this is a great stash buster project too.)

To add the poppy flowers I found some red buttons at Joann’s. I really wanted four hole buttons but there weren’t enough in stock so I found some two button ones instead. I actually really like how they turned out. I had the other button in my stash since I didn’t remember to buy a matching one. I used black yarn to attach the buttons in a random pattern. I used some green yarn to embroider the stems and grass after I added the buttons.

The whole project went really quickly and my sister loved it. She was excited how much it looked like her inspiration picture.

Stay tuned for more crochet Christmas presents!

crochet coffee mug cozy

crochet coffee mug cozy

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...