Monday, December 17, 2012

Easy 10 Minute Necklace


Easy 10 minute diy necklace

Easy 10 minute diy necklace

I have been on a big jewelry making kick. I sat down at my craft table the other day and just started making necklaces. Once I pulled out all my jewelry making supplies I was on a roll. When it comes to jewelry making I like simple. I am still learning how to bend wire and I get easily frustrated so I want to be able to complete a project quickly while it still holds my attention. This project is beyond simple and you don’t need to have any jewelry making skills to complete it. This could be a super easy last minute Christmas gift too!
I started with this chain from Prima Bead. I love the texture of it. I originally wanted to add smaller chain to it but I didn’t have one that matched right so I decided to use ribbon instead. This chain stands out on its own so it didn’t need any embellishing to turn it into a necklace. I went with gray ribbon to keep it neutral but colored ribbon would also look great too.

IMG_3277

I grabbed my hot glue gun and warmed it up. I gut two piece of ribbon about 18 inches long. I ran a lighter quickly over the ends to singe them and prevent fraying.

I slid the ribbon threw one of the end chains and added a drop of hot glue.

IMG_3279

Then I folded the ribbon over to seal and repeated on the other side.

IMG_3280

Done! Wasn’t that easy? It took longer for the hot glue to warm up then it did for me to make this necklace :) I love how the ribbon makes it adjustable too so I can wear it short or longer.

Easy 10 minute diy necklace

Easy 10 minute diy necklace

Disclaimer: The chain was provided to me by Prima Bead. All opinions and creativity are my own.

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...