Friday, December 21, 2012

DIY Faceted Bead Necklace


DIY Faceted Bead Necklace Easy

DIY Faceted Bead Necklace Easy

Remember how I told you I was on a jewelry kick? Well I’m rounding out the week with a third necklace. I modeled this one after one of my favorite simple black necklaces. The length is perfect to wear with almost everything and it’s simple enough that it doesn’t overpower an outfit. This will be a an office staple for me.
I have had some faceted black beads for awhile that I bought at Michaels. I have tried to figure out what I wanted to to with them in the past but I didn’t have any beads I thought would work in between. Enter these round glass beads from Prima Bead. I had a bunch leftover from my first project with them and they were the perfect combination.

IMG_3255

I decided to use beading string for this project since I was starting to run low on beading wire. I also used two jump rings, a lobster clasp, and two connectors. I have no idea what they are called but they are meant to be used to cover up knots. Also not pictured is e6000 glue and jewelry pliers.

IMG_3257

To use the connector I cut a piece of string, with plenty of length for my necklace. I slid the connector onto the string and tied a knot. I put a tiny dab of e6000 glue onto the knot and closed the round end with my pliers over the knot. Then I closed the loop at the top so it would be ready for a jump ring.

IMG_3258

Next I strung all of my beads onto the thread and added the same connector to the other end. It’s kind of tricky tying the knot at the other side so you don’t have a bunch of extra string so I haven’t quite mastered that part yet.

IMG_3260

I added a jump ring to each connector and connected the clasp to the jump rings to finish it off.

IMG_3262

Here’s how I wore my finished product to work the other day.

DIY Faceted Bead Necklace Easy

Disclaimer: I received the round beads from Prima Bead. All opinions and creativity are my own.


I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...