Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Decorations


This weekend, Mike and I finally finished putting up our Christmas decorations. I usually get it all done the weekend after Thanksgiving but only the tree had made it out. Our mantel and dining room got the finishing touches and we are all decorated for Christmas. It was interesting to go and check last years pictures to see what we had done differently.

We have a ton of Christmas stuff so it’s fun to play with different combinations to create new looks. Not everything made it out this year so less work putting it all away after the holidays :)

This is my favorite new setup this year. I put a bunch on small bulbs into a crystal bowl like I did last year but I used the beaded garland that’s meant for the tree on the bottom plate. I love how the beads look all messy but they are really just one strand.

ornaments in a bowl

ornaments in a bowl

My Christmas tree is my favorite part of decorating. I love the simplicity of the red and gold. Two seconds after the tree was up, our kitty was underneath. She thinks we put the tree up every year as a hang out spot for her.

red and gold christmas tree

red and gold christmas tree

I love this little berry tree I got at a garage sale a last year. It looks really cute on the dresser in our dining room. We have it on a cake stand to give it a little extra height.

Christmas berry tree tablescape

Christmas berry tree tablescape

Check back on Wednesday for pictures of our Christmas Mantel!

Also check out last year’s decorations too:
Tips for how to decorate a Christmas Tree
Christmas Mantel
Christmas Card Display
Christmas Tablescapes

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...