Saturday, November 17, 2012

Wine Cork Wreath


wine cork wreath

This project has been on my to do list forever. I love wine cork crafts and I’ve been saving up wine corks for over a year. They have slowly been working their way into our home d├ęcor in small doses.  My friend knows someone that works at a winery that gave her tons of wine corks. She knew I was also collecting them so she gave me about half a grocery bag full of corks to get me going on a larger wine cork project. I knew exactly what I was going to do with them!

wine cork wreath

I used the corks, a wreath form I got at the thrift store and some fake grapes. Also not pictured were ribbon and my glue gun. If you decide to make your own I probably would not recommend this wreath form. It was a little tricky to glue the corks onto it because it isn’t even. It worked out but took some re-gluing at the end because a few of the corks weren’t secure.

wine cork wreath

I poured over pictures on Pinterest to get an idea of what I wanted the wreath to look like. There are so many different variations. Because of the shape of my wreath form I ended up gluing the corks on in a circular pattern following the lines in the wreath. It went fairly quickly and it was fun looking at the design on all the wine corks. I didn’t quite use all the the corks in the bag so I have some left over for a future project.
When I was done with the corks I glued on the grapes. Mike thought it need a little more interest so I bought some gray and yellow ribbon to go with the new color scheme we are working towards in the living room. I wrapped the yellow around the wreath, securing it with hot glue and then wrapped the gray around crossing over the yellow.

I’m excited to have my second ever wreath hanging up in the living room. One more project I can mark off my long to do list :)

wine cork wreath

wine cork wreath

wine cork wreath

wine cork wreath

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...