Monday, November 5, 2012

What I’ve Been Working On

 

When we were in Portland Mike secured me an order for two of my crocheted hats. The sister of our friend that got married has a 1 and 3 year old and she loved my pink and purple toddler hat and blue and brown owl hat. I have been working hard on getting these two hats crocheted for her. I haven’t had much time for anything else crafty or blog related since I had a paying customer.

toddler crochet hat

owl crochet hat

I made the hats the same as I did in the previous projects. I used a larger button for the center of the flower but otherwise I used the same colors and yarn which was Lily Sugar and Cream cotton.

I have been toying around with the idea of an Etsy shop for awhile. I’ve even mentioned it here before. I’ve sold a couple of hats to some people at work before and this sale has made me think about having a shop again. Mike helped me come up with a name, CW Wearables. What do you think? It was really hard for me to find a name that wasn’t taken. I didn’t want to limit myself to only crochet or hats so I think the name works as a broader category.

I even printed up some business cards. I wanted them immediately so I didn’t have time to wait to order them through the mail. I still would get them printed professionally but these work as a quick fix.

IMG_3020

I wrapped my hats up with a little but of tissue paper and a yarn bow to make it fun to open them up.

IMG_3017

Now to think of designs I would want in my shop. I think these two work really well and my easy newborn hat probably would too. It’s one of my most popular posts so I think other people must like the design :) We will see how long it takes for me to get this shop up and running since I’ve considered it before and it’s never gone anywhere. Christmas is coming and I will be starting to work on Christmas presents so I’m not sure how much time I will dedicate to the shop but I’m feeling excited about it so I think you will be seeing a grand opening in the future.

LinkWithin