Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Jewelry Making With a Kit


IMG_2964
Prima Bead contacted me recently to review one of the products from their website. They are a newer jewelry making supply website that’s parent company is Cousin. I received this Jewelry Class in a Box with the supplies in it to make three necklaces and three pairs of earrings.
IMG_2816
The contents contains everything you need to make the jewelry but I also ended up using a second pair of pliers. There is a book that gives you simple instructions on how to make each piece. I especially liked the piece of foam that helps to prevent the jewelry pieces from sliding around.
IMG_2819
I found the projects to be fairly simple for the moderate beginner that I am. It was fun to make the jewelry without having to think of how to design a piece and which supplies I needed. There was a lot of loop making involved in these pieces that I might not have tried on my own. I feel like it really helped me to get the hang of bending the wire. I made all six pieces over the course of the weekend and it took me around a few hours total for everything.
I would definitely buy another ones of these kits. This one would not have been my first choice in design but there are lots of other really cute ones on the site. Prima Bead also offers free USA shipping (yeah!) and volume discounts. There are tons of other jewelry making supplies on the site and the prices seem very reasonable.
I’m excited about my new jewelry creations and it gives me the bug to make some more.

IMG_2970
This one was my favorite. I love how it looks with my mustard cardigan.
IMG_2981
IMG_2973
IMG_2971

Prima Bead provided the supplies for this project. All opinions in this post are 100% mine.

LinkWithin