Friday, October 26, 2012

Crochet Baby Turban Hat


crochet baby turban hat

crochet baby turban hat

I found the most adorable hat pattern at This Mama Makes Stuff. I knew I had to make it. My friend has a nine month old daughter who I thought would be a perfect recipient of this hat.

Since the pattern is written for a newborn I had to make a couple of modifications to make it a little larger. I added an extra row of increases and two extra rows to the length. I actually could have only added one extra row because it was a little long in the back. What’s great about this pattern is that it is cinched in the front so it still fit.

I also used DK weight yarn so I used an H hook to make the stitches a little bigger to accommodate for the thinner yarn.

I love love love this pattern! I really want to make one for myself next. It would be really easy to make the hat larger for an adult sized head.

Having a baby mini photo shoot in the evening when it’s getting dark is pretty challenging. Especially when it’s a bouncy nine month old :)

IMG_2986

IMG_2987

IMG_2983 - Copy
Playing with picture effects :P


I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...