Monday, September 17, 2012

What I’ve Been Working On

 

Mike and I had a productive weekend together. We ran lots of errands, did a deep cleaning on my car, cooked food for the week, went to the gym and worked on some projects.

I have been sewing up a storm lately. I have a couple refashions I will be sharing soon. I need to take some pictures of the finished product and that requires me to look somewhat presentable for the camera :) I changed out my summer refashion pile for my fall refashion pile. I found some clothes I had totally forgotten about so I’m excited to start working on them. I’m trying to fully embrace fall and work on projects I will be wearing in the upcoming weeks.

Mike finally caught on to the fact that I am obsessed with taking in pants and asked me to take in two of his pants in the leg. Sorry no before and afters, I wasn’t going to push my luck. He had a pair of khakis that were a little too wide in the legs and a pair of jeans that had a little too much flare at the bottom. I used his best fitting pair of jeans as a template and stitched some new seams. It was super quick and Mike has two new pairs of great fitting pants.

I’m also working on a crochet hat for Mike. I made the hat part really quickly but I haven’t found much time lately to add the finishing touches to it yet. I have been consulting him along the way so it will be exactly what he wanted (and he’ll want to wear it!).

IMG_2738

Mike is working on his own project. I’m really excited about this one. He’s working on refinishing a desk we got from my dads. It used to be my sisters when we were growing up and it was a bit beat up. I’m already amazed at the transformation and it’s not even done yet. I can’t wait to share the finished product.

IMG_2639

2 comments:

  1. The Hat looks great! I can't wait to see the clothing re-fashions you've been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love redone furniture!

    For the earflap part of the hat, if you try a single crochet, it might look a little more consistent than what you have there. Then half-double crochet around the entire edge working 2 hdc in the bottom of the earflaps and 2 hdc where the earflap meets the body of the hat will round it out and it will look really smooth. You can check out my (very meager) blog to see how it would look with that little change. I struggled for a while to get a pattern I really like!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin