Friday, September 28, 2012

Life As I Know It

 

Ok, I totally stole this post title from Libby but I don’t have any projects to share and I still wanted to catch up :)

I finished my crochet hat for Mike but it’s not as easy to get a pic of him as I would like so stay tuned. I started a hat for my friend’s son that I’ll be sharing soon too. I sent her a smaller version when she first had her son and she asked for the next size up. I made up the pattern and didn’t write it down so I’m trying to recreate and possibly improve on the design.

My garden is winding to a close. My orange mums are finally starting to bloom so expect some upcoming pictures, which will also be my last garden blooms post for the season. My veggie garden is winding down too. We had to do some emergency pesto making at the beginning of the week since the temps have dropped so much at night. The basil was on the verge of dying so we made a huge batch of pesto and froze it in ice cube trays so we can enjoy it through the fall and winter.

Mike and I are busy planning a trip to Portland in October. We are going to a wedding for an old friend of Mike’s that was the best man in our wedding. It will be the first time I’ve flown on a plane since our honeymoon, seven years ago. I’m excited about the trip but unsure of what to expect with all the new airline rules.

I’m getting an iPhone 5! We finally broke down and joined the smart phone crowd after resisting paying for a data plan for so long. With the changes Verizon made to their data pricing, it’s a much more reasonable rate for us to upgrade. I’m really excited to be getting the latest gadget for once. We aren’t usually early adopters when it comes to technology so it’s fun to be able to have the newest model. I preordered it so it won’t be here until October 5th and I’m (im)patiently waiting. Mike opted to get a Galaxy Nexus instead so he has been teasing me that his phone came first but I think it will be worth the wait.

We haven’t been biking outside in a couple of weeks and I would love to go on a bike ride and get some pictures of the changing leaves so hopefully we will get around to it this weekend. Hope you have a great one!

LinkWithin