Friday, September 14, 2012

Fall Wreath


fall wreath

I did it! I finally made my first wreath. It’s been on my to do list forever but I never got around to making one. I had high hopes to make a yarn wreath at one point but after I learned how long it took to wrap my wreath in yarn I ran out of steam to embellish it. I always admire other blogger’s awesome wreaths and right now there are tons of fall wreaths popping up. I decided to hope on the bandwagon and dig out my never used wreath form.

I routed around in my craft stash and pulled out everything that screamed fall to me. I didn’t want to spend any additional money so I figured out a design based on what I had.

fall wreath supplies 1

I started out with a wreath form I bought at the thrift store. The leafs, flowers and pics came from various garage sales. I deconstructed the flowers and leaves from some flower arrangements a while ago to make it easier to store them. I ended up adding more flowers after the design started coming together.

fall wreath 2

I had two different sizes of leaves. I played around with the arrangement for a while before I decided to glue all the large leaves down first and then overlap with the smaller ones.

fall wreath 3

After I glued the first layer I added the second layer of smaller leaves. This project was highly glue intensive!

fall wreath 4

Next I started gluing down the flowers and pics. I cut off any extra stems from the back to help everything stick better. I enlisted Mike for his design opinion and I added a second cluster of flowers on the opposite side.

fall wreath-001

Hanging the wreath on the door was a much harder feat. I knew we had a wreath hanger in the basement with all of our Christmas stuff. In order to get to the Christmas boxes I had to do some maneuvering in our basement storage area. It wasn’t exactly an easy job but I felt pretty triumphant when I found it.

Now that I’m in the fall spirit I think we need to go buy some pumpkins to decorate the rest of the porch.

fall wreath 6

fall wreath 5

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

7 comments:

  1. Just perfect. Beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wreath! An other great tutorial from you, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fantastic job! Making a wreath is on my long list of things to try....

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! I love this! I am so into fall decorating right now. I would like to invite you to come link up at my Tasteful Tuesday party that is going on right now through friday morning.
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2012/09/a-fall-wreath-for-mid-west-girl-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hosting an It's Fall Y'all ~ Linky Party. I would love for you to share this, and any other Fall projects you have! Hope to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin