Friday, July 6, 2012

Wide Leg To Skinny Leg



capri refashion collage 2

I posted the other day about turning a flare leg into a skinny leg. I recently skinnified this white pair of capris too.  I originally bought this pair thinking I would dye them tangerine or mint. Once I got them home I decided that I needed a white pair so I decided not to dye them.

I started out with this pair of capris from the thrift store I snagged for $2.00. They fit in the waist but that was all that was working. I didn’t like the wide fit or the little split at the bottom.

capri refashion before

I followed the same steps as I did for my flare leg to skinny leg. This pair was more wide than flared. It was a bit of a challenge to get the seams quite right. It took a lot of restitching! I love the way they finally turned out. They are a little bit stretchier than the tangerine pair so I was able to take them in a little bit more.

capri refashion after

I love how white pairs so well with bright colored tops.

capri refashion j crew bubble necklace

Do you like my J Crew bubble necklace? I’ve seen it on a couple of blogs and was dying to get one. It’s only $120…. but I found it on eBay for a much more reasonable price of $15. I had a left over gift card to pay for it so it only cost me $3 out of pocket. It did come from China and take two weeks to be delivered but it was worth the wait for the price.

When I first got it I tried it on and thought it was enormous. I didn’t wear it for a month. I finally got brave enough to wear it to work the other day with this outfit and got a ton of compliments :)

j crew bubble necklace

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

LinkWithin