Friday, May 25, 2012

My Crochet Works in Progress

 

IMG_1513

 

I have been thinking about opening my own Etsy shop lately. In order to do that I needed to figure out what to sell. My bear hat pattern has been one of my most popular posts and got a ton of traffic from Pinterest. I figured that would be a good place to start.

I am changing up the pattern a bit by using half double crochet instead of single crochet. I’ve been keeping track of the pattern for each size I’ve made. I have preemie/newborn, 0-3 month, 3-6 month and 6-12 month figured out for the hat size. I still need to make the earflaps, ears and braids (plus finish these hats off because I didn’t weave in my ends yet.)

I’ve also been trying to keep track of how long each one takes me to make. I’ve noticed with the half double crochet stitch it makes my hands tired after about an hour and I have to take long breaks to recover. I’ve been switching between my latest knitting project and crochet to keep them from getting sore. I need to come up with some double crochet patterns because that stich is easier on my hands.

I am still figuring out what else I want to sell along with the bear hats. I have some ideas for flowers, headbands and more hats but I’m still finalizing what is going to work for me. It’s hard narrowing down all of the ideas floating around my head :)

I’m looking forward to a three day weekend with Mike since we both have Memorial Day off. Hope you have a great weekend too!

LinkWithin