Wednesday, May 9, 2012

DIY Circles and Chain Necklace and Earrings


DIY necklace and earrings

I got some cool circles at Michaels on clearance a few months ago. I bought them thinking I could use them to make some fun jewelry. They sat in my craft stash for a while. The other day I was on a jewelry kick and I felt inspired to make something with them. I had bought matching chain and already had matching findings so I laid everything out to figure out what I wanted to make.

IMG_1109

I knew I wanted to make earrings and exactly how I wanted to make them. I took two earring findings and two jump rings. I opened up the jump rings and slid a circle and the earring finding on and closed it up. It took almost no time and I had a brand new pair of earrings.

DIY earrings

I wasn’t exactly sure how I wanted to make the necklace. I knew I wanted to make it long and attach the circles together with jump rings so I started attaching.

IMG_1112

Once I got the circles attached I attached one end of the chain and tried it on in front of the mirror to get an idea of how long I wanted the necklace to be. I originally though I would put the circles in the center of the necklace but when I tried it on they were on the side and I loved the way it looked. I cut the chain at the length I wanted and then cut it where I wanted to attach my closure finding.

I still had a little piece of chain left. I wanted to add some more interest to the necklace so I decided to add it on. I played around with the way it looked until I found a design I liked. I used a jump ring on the opposite side of my circles. I opened it up and slid my extra piece of chain on and then attached both ends of the chain to one of the jump rings connecting the circles.

IMG_1292

I don’t have step by step pics because I didn’t really know what I was making until it was done. I’m quite pleased with how it came out considering the design just happened as I played around with the chain and circles.


DIY necklace

DIY earrings

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

LinkWithin