Monday, February 27, 2012

Cleaning, Painting and a Delimma

This weekend Mike and I started to tackle the painting projects we want to get done before we can consider listing our house for sale. There is lots to do so we are trying to get through it a little at a time. The agenda this weeked was to paint the molding in our bedroom, our computer/craft room and the bathroom.

Since we had to pull all the furniture away from the walls to paint we did an early spring cleaning too. I washed the curtains from both bedrooms and the shower curtain from the bathroom. I was a laundry machine this weekend! We already had a lot of laundry from the week and more and more laundry kept appearing. I got most of it put away and I'll finish it today. That's a big accomplishment for me since the laundry gets forgotten sometimes.

Then there was all the vacuuming. We did each room at least three times. Once to pick up all the hair and dust before we painted, once when the furniture was pulled out and once when the furniture was back where it belonged. I couldn't believe how dirty it was under our bed! I can't even think of the last time we vacummed there and it showed it. I love a clean house and it feels good to have the upstairs vacuumed so thouroughly.

The painting was a breeze. We only put one coat on the woodwork since it was already white. There were a few places we had to touch up but it covered really well. What a difference a coat of paint makes! It really freshened up the rooms and made the wall colors look better.  Even though I think this everytime we paint, I can't believe we didn't do it sooner.

So up next is the bathroom walls and ceiling. Here's our delimma. We aren't sure what color to paint. We really like the green walls we have now and the shower curtain is a perfect match. It would be easier to try and find a matching color and keep it the same.

On the other hand, the bathroom would probably look really great with cream colored walls since the counter top and floor are green. I think it would give it a fresh look and the color would be appealing to a possible home buyer. The downside is it would be harder to make a big color change and probably would require an extra coat of paint. Plus we might need to replace our shower curtain.

So what do you think? Keep the green or change the color to cream?




LinkWithin