Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cleaning Out Our Closets

So Mike and I have been contemplating moving closer to work. Right now we are 40 minutes away on a good day but typically it takes an hour to an hour and 15 minutes to get there. In the winter when it snows, the commute goes up to two hours and in some really awful storms it's been three hours.

I've been making the drive for five and half years and this past July Mike got a job right down the street from me. I love carpooling (especially since Mike drives) but I feel like the drive is starting to get old. I would love to get more time back in my day and that would require us to move.

This is a hard decision because I love love love our house. We have put our heart and soul into making this house our home. I know that we can make any house the way we want it but it will be hard leaving. The real estate market isn't the best right now so our move will be contingent on if we can sell for the price we need. I am optimistic we can do it but it's going to take a little work to get everything ready.

The past week we started by cleaning out our closets. We have huge closets so we can store tons of stuff but that also means we accumulated a ton of stuff we don't need. I actually can't believe how much stuff we had that we got rid of. It's easier to take a hard look at what you want to keep when you consider having to pack it all. The closets are so much more organized I feel like we should have done this a long time ago.

The plan is to finish cleaning and organizing next weekend so we will be ready to paint. Our painting list didn't seem like that much until I said it all out loud. We need to paint the molding in two of the bedrooms, the bathroom walls and ceiling, the basement steps and walls above the steps, the basement floor and the front porch floor. Considering how much we have already done it's really not that much. Besides we are practically painting professionals :)

LinkWithin