Monday, January 30, 2012

It's my birthday!

Today is a big milestone for me. It's my 30th birthday. I have left my 20's behind and I'm looking forward to what my 30's will bring.

I had an amazing weekend. Mike pulled off an awesome surprise party for me. I had no clue. I thought we were going out to dinner at a local pizza place called Luigi's with a few of our friends. About an hour before dinner I got text messages from two of my friends canceling because they fell down. The one girls is pregnant and said her o.b. told her to stay off of her feet. The other girl told me she fell and broke her arm. I was so upset that all my friends were abandoning me. Then Mike called the restaurant where we were supposed to be eating and said our reservation got messed up.

I was thinking this was the worst birthday ever but I was trying to stay positive. We were going out with Mike's cousin and his girlfriend and they suggested another local place called The Lockview that is a fun bar with great grilled cheese. At this point I didn't care where we went, I just wanted to eat somewhere.

We show up at the restaurant and Mike bypasses the host and start pulling towards the back of the restaurant. I see this big table of people and spot my sister first. She lives in Virginia so I started putting it together. I was so surprised and little embarrassed that I had no idea. Mike had been planning this party for weeks. All our friends were there and my sister flew in and had to get special permission from her work to take the day off.

I was really touched that Mike did all that work to give me a great birthday. He said there were a couple of times he thought I was going to find out but he kept it secret. We had such a great night with our friends! It really was a great birthday and I have the best husband to do so much for me to make turning 30 so special.

I'm sorry to say I didn't have my camera because I was expecting a quiet night so I don't have any pics.





LinkWithin