Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm Learning to Knit!

I am really excited about my newest crafty endeavor. My coworker, Barb, who taught me how to crochet is teaching me how to knit. We had two lunch session together last week and I learned the knit stitch. Barb was really excited at how quickly I picked up using two needles. I was surprised at how easy it was. I think having lots of crochet experience helped even though it's a different concept using two needles.

Right now I practicing by making a scarf with huge needles and chunky yarn. I'm actually in love with the yarn, it's called Wool-Ease Thick and Quick. It's a super bulky yarn and it makes really awesome chunky stitches. I think I'm going to stitch it together at the end to make it an infinity scarf. There is a way to crochet in the round with circular needles but that will be a future lesson.


LinkWithin