Friday, January 6, 2012

Crochet Ear Warmer/Headband


Crochet Ear Warmer/Headband

I wanted to make some quick gifts for Christmas so I decided to make some ear warmer/headbands. I ended up making four in different colors for my two sisters and two of my cousins. This was the perfect last minute gift since it only took me around an hour and a half to make one.  Of course I turned to Ravelry to find patterns. I used this one from Da Perfect Mix for the headband and this one from Lolly Chops for the flower.

I did modify the headband because I didn't like how wide it was. I stopped increasing on row 10 which made my headband only 13 double crochet wide. I still used the same number of rows. I also used an H hook because I liked the look of the smaller stitch. My head circumference is 21 inches and that was the perfect width but I tried it on one of my coworkers with a 23 inch head and the originally pattern width worked better.
This is really the perfect ear warmer to whip up. I have used this pattern tons more times. It’s also really easy to adjust the length by removing a couple of rows in the center to make the headband tighter for a smaller head.
Crochet Ear Warmer/Headband
Crochet Ear Warmer/Headband
Crochet Ear Warmer/Headband

Crochet Ear Warmer/Headband

LinkWithin