Friday, December 16, 2011

Ruffle Flower Scarf

I found this amazing scarf tutorial at Mama Says Sew so I had to make my own.




I used a piece I used a piece of white knit I got a garage sale for 50 cents. I cut two matching pieces to stitch together. If I was going to do this again I would sew the flower on first before ruffling. I didn't want the stitches to show through so that made it really challenging to stitch the flowers on. I used 3 silver pearl beads for the center of the flowers.

I had to practice the ruffles on a piece of scrap knit. I set the machine to a small zig zag stitch and 2nd to last length on my machine. I had to really stretch the material to get a good ruffle.


My knit didn't have a whole lot of stretch lengthways and I realized it part way into sewing. I think it would have worked better if I had the cut the fabric the opposite way. I still like the way it turned out. Now I have a reason to try this again with some stretchier fabric :)



LinkWithin