Monday, December 19, 2011

Necklace Redo

I bought this  necklace online. I got a great deal and it looked really nice in the picture. Once I received it in the mail and tried it on I felt like it was too bulky and I didn't like how the all the strands were the same size. I still liked the look of the beads so I decided to give it a makeover.


The three strands were being held together with two jump rings. I opened them up and separated everything including the small piece of chain and the clasp. I didn't use the chain but I saved it for a future use.


I wanted to combine the two similar strands to make one longer strand but I felt like it was a little too long so I removed a few beads from each strand.


I combined the two similar strands and added both the long strand and smaller one (that I didn't change) to the jump ring. I added the clasp to one side.



Then I took the small pieces and added on a earring hook to make a matching pair of earrings.


With a couple of quick changes I got two pieces from one and now I actually want to wear it!





LinkWithin