Monday, December 5, 2011

Elmo Cupcakes

I can't take credit for this adorable idea but I had to share it. Our niece's 2nd birthday was last week and my sister in law made her the most adorable Elmo cupcakes.

I had to find out how she made these adorable treats so I could share them.

Elmo cupcakes


Ingredients:
Cake mix (your choice)
White frosting
Red frosting food coloring
Red Sprinkles
Marshmallows
Black M&Ms
Sparkly Orange gel frosting in a tube

You should be able to find the decorating supplies at your local party store

Directions:

Make the cake mix according to the directions and bake in cupcake liners.

Reserve a small amount of the frosting to "glue" on the eyes

Mix the frosting with the red food coloring until you reach the desired color. This will take a lot of food coloring.

Frost the cupcakes and dip the tops into the red sprinkes

Cut the marshmallows in half and place two halfs on the top the cupcakes

Dip the M&Ms into the white frosting and place on top of center of the marshmallows.

Apply a dab of the orange gel underneath the eyes to make a nose

Enjoy!



Yum!

I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties.

7 comments:

  1. This is too precious! I found you through Brookes party at "Get Outta My Head". I am one of her Monday party gals! Head on over to my party! My readers would LOVE to meet you! Love, Me http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com/2011/12/meet-me-monday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your adorable cupcakes on the DIY Home Sweet Home blog. I look forward to trying them out. I think they would be hilarious to use for an adult birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. I'm going to have to make these sometime. I'm sure my daughter would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 3 1/2 year old loves Elmo! He saw this photo and squeeled! Would you please share this with our readers for our Fun Stuff Fridays linky party? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute. I am pinning this.

    I would love for you to share over on my mommy resource meme.

    http://www.crystalandcomp.com/category/the-mommy-club/

    ReplyDelete
  6. would love it if you could share this on my link party Serenity Saturday at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin