One of the ladies I work with saw my crochet owl hat and asked me to make one for her son in blue and brown. She measured her son's head so I could make a custom hat.
I made the hat using lily sugar and cream cotton yarn. I modified this pattern by first using a h hook to make smaller stitches ( I liked how the tighter stitch looked better.) I also had to add some extra increases to get the right circumference and stitched a different number of rows to get the right length. I made the ear flaps bigger by starting out with 11 half double crochets instead of 9. This made the flaps wider and longer. I added the braids this time and sewed the eyes on a little closer together.
I love how it turned out and it was a big hit at work!
I may be linking up to these parties: