Friday, December 9, 2011

Crochet Hooded Scarf

I have been crocheting up a storm. Christmas is coming and I am giving a lot of crocheted gifts this year. I still have a lot more to make. I really should be crocheting right now instead of blogging :)

Last year my grandma wrapped a scarf around her head and claimed it was warmer than any of the hats she owned. I saw this pattern on Ravelry (no longer available) and I knew it would be perfect.  Luckily I know she doesn't go on the internet so there is no chance she will see me sharing this before Christmas.

crochet hooded scarf


This pattern was really easy to make. It only took me about three days. I used two strands of Caron Simply Soft yarn and a K hook to get the right gage.

Mike liked it so much he thought I should make one for myself. It is a great alternative to hat when I'm going to work so my hair won't get mushed. I might whip one up for myself (but not until I get all those Christmas presents done first!)

If I do make another one I would probably add a few extra stitches to make the hood a little bigger. It gets really cold and windy at work.

Here are my awesome self portraits of me modeling my scarf

crochet hooded scarf

crochet hooded scarf


I may be linking up to one of these fabulous parties


3 comments:

  1. Just popped over from Disney's blog, you are such a good crocheter! I don't know how to crochet, but would love to learn. I've been knitting up a storm too! Love the built in hat :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is a good idea! I've been crocheting hats and scarves but none are attached. Yet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin